COSIS.net Terms and Conditions
1. COSIS.net is an online service mainly for scientists and for organizations or entities (here under a separate license agreement - "licensed organizations and entities") facilitating information exchange, communication, management and for example the discussion and publication of ideas and results (hereinafter jointly the "Service"). COSIS.net is provided by e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH (hereinafter the "Provider"), see Imprint for further information.
2. By accepting these Terms and Conditions any natural or legal person who logs in COSIS.net the first time after accepting these Terms and Conditions or newly registers with COSIS.net (the recipient of the service hereinafter referred to as the "User") enters into a legally binding agreement with the Provider on the basis of these Terms and Conditions. The User can deregister from COSIS.net at any time in writing to: e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany or by email to: email@example.com or by fax to +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41. The use of COSIS.net is free of charge for individual Users.
3. COSIS.net provides a shop tool (hereinafter the COSIS Shop) which enables Users to register for scientific conferences or to purchase related literature for example. Herewith provided terms and conditions do NOT apply for the use of the COSIS Shop. The COSIS Shop has separate terms and conditions ("COSIS Shop Terms and Conditions", see under COSIS Shop).
4. The Service by COSIS.net is provided "as it stands" and the Provider disclaims any and all representations and warranties, whether expressed or implied, for example correctness in regard to data and information available on COSIS.net, fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement. The Provider is not liable for any damage, whether material or immaterial, which is caused by or in connection with the usage of COSIS.net. This does not apply to damage which is caused by the Provider intentionally or grossly negligent. The Provider does not guarantee or promise any specific performance, result or information from the use of COSIS.net.
5. The Provider reserves the right to change COSIS.net and its Service or parts thereof at any time.
6. The User does not obtain any claim to use COSIS.net, claim to any particular performance or application of COSIS.net or claim to the running and availability of COSIS.net. The Provider attempts to provide Service and to keep COSIS.net available 24 hours 7 days a week (24/7) but does not guarantee this. The Provider reserves the right to exclude Users, for example in connection with the misuse of the service.
7. The Service provided by COSIS.net builds mainly on information and data stored on the request of Users. The Provider neither previews nor automatically reviews such information or data stored on request of Users. Therefore, the Provider cannot have current knowledge of possible violations of law caused by information and data that is stored on request of Users. The Provider is not liable for such information and data (Article 14 of Directive 2000/31/EC). The Provider will, upon obtaining knowledge about or awareness of such illegal information or data, act expeditiously to remove or disable access to such information or data. Users may only request storage and/or publication of such information or data that they may legally store and/or publish. Users must not request storage and/or publication of any information or data that violate any third party's copyright or any other intellectual property right or any other right.
8. Users indemnify the Provider from any claims raised by third parties in connection with information and data stored on request of the respective User. The indemnification covers all adequate expenditures, for example court and lawyer's fees.
9. If a User is of the opinion that any information provided within COSIS.net violates his/her or any third party's rights, such User shall notify the Provider before taking any legal action. Upon such notification, the Provider will expeditiously check the objectionable information and data and will, where necessary, remove or disable access to this information and data. The Provider will respond to such notification within five business days. Users shall not take any legal action before the Provider has dismissed the notification or five business days have passed without response. The Provider disclaims liability for expenditures, including court and lawyer's fees, if legal action is taken earlier, unless the Provider has caused the violation intentionally or grossly negligent.
10. The User agrees that information and data stored on the request of this respective User will be kept available on COSIS.net as long as the respective User does not (1) where possible in COSIS.net delete this information and data himself or (2) demands deletion from Provider either in writing to: e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41 or (3) de-registers from COSIS.net. Provider does undertake reasonable effort and expeditious steps to perform deletion upon request or de-registration.
11. Users must not misuse the Service. Misuse of the Service includes for example: insults to other Users; racial and ethnical hatred and discrimination; automated or exceptionally large manual retrieval of other Users' profile data ("data harvesting"); advertising for commercial products or services of all kinds; unsolicited job offers and business proposals; technical attacks on the servers.
12. All information and data provided within COSIS.net by the Provider and /or the Users may only be accessed manually by a natural person using ordinary internet devices. Users must not store, process or make use of any other User's personal information and data for any other purpose than the natural purpose of such information and data being published within COSIS.net by the respective User.
13. The software running COSIS.net, the site design, the graphics and/or other content originating from the Provider are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights of the Provider.
14. Marks for Goods and Services can possibly be used without any identification. This does not mean that such marks are not registered trademarks or other legally protected signs or such marks or signs were not protected by any applicable law. Such trademarks and other legally protected signs are property of their respective owners and must not be used by Users in any unlawful way.
15. These Terms and Conditions can be subject to amendments by the Provider. The User agrees to amendments if the User is notified of amendments by email and does not actively object to such amendments in writing to: e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany or by email to: email@example.com or by fax to +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41within one month after notification.
16. Individual terms and conditions need to be concluded in written form.
17. These Terms and Conditions are an agreement solely under the law of the Federal Republic of Germany and the law of the European Union (European Communities), insofar as it is directly applicable within Germany. The Provider and the User waive all other law, including the law at the place of residence or usage of the User (where outside Germany) and any international trade law.
18. Special Terms for Business Users: For Users that use the Service for business purposes the place of jurisdiction for all issues that arise from the usage of the Service including these Terms and Conditions is Berlin, Germany.
19. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be or become invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any applicable jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
COSIS.net Marketplace Terms and Conditions
Language Notice: Should there be an User who is not capable to fully understand these Terms and Conditions in English language such User shall before accepting theses Terms and Conditions contact e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41 and will then receive a German version of these Terms and Conditions. However, in case of doubt the English version is the valid version of these Terms and Conditions.
Sprachhinweis: Sollte ein Nutzer nicht in der Lage sein diese Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen vollständig in englischer Sprache zu verstehen, sollte sich dieser Nutzer bevor er diese Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingen akzeptiert mit e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany entweder via Email an: email@example.com oder via Fax an +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41 in Verbindung setzen und wird dann eine deutsche Fassung dieser Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen erhalten. Dennoch ist im Zweifelsfalle die englische Version dieser Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen die maßgebliche Version.